With the traffic situation in Metro Manila worsening each day, Filipinos keep on finding ways to lessen the time they commute to and from their houses. Thankfully, technology has found a way to lessen this burden by allowing you to book your transportation right from your mobile phones.
What is Angkas?
Founded in 2016, Angkas became the go-to motorcycle ride-hailing platform for most Filipinos today. What they lack in comfort, they make up for by being quick and convenient. The passengers cut their commute times in half, and at even more than half the cost too! The service also offers upfront and reliable pricing schemes and, given their lower emissions, lets you enjoy a sustainable alternative to your everyday transportation.
Why should I become an Angkas Rider?
To date, their riders have reached over 27,000 who they call and treat as their partners in their advocacy to improve transport services in the country. But with Metro Manila having a population of 12.88 million, 27,000 rider-partners won’t be enough to offer its services to everyone in the city. This is where you, the future rider, come in.
Earn while you drive
Aside from your genuine interest to help solve our traffic problems, becoming a rider also gives you the chance to earn. Those who have committed to work full time and earn as much as 1,500 Pesos a day. But if you have a day job and would like to become a biker on the side, you can earn as much as 800 Pesos.
Take control of your time
What makes becoming a rider the ideal job is that it gives you total control over your time. You are your own boss! You can set your own schedule with no one to monitor what time you’ll clock in or out. You can have long breaks in between shifts too. You can manage your own time and still earn more than enough. It all depends on how hard you work on helping your fellow Pinoys move from point A to point B.
The company provides free training for its partners. One of the trainings that they provide is motorcycle driving safety training. This is essential to keep both the driver and the passenger safe while traveling to their desired destination.
On top of the motorcycle driving safety training, the company also provides free customer service training. The customer service training was designed to keep the customers satisfied with the kind of service that the driver is providing.
Click here for 6 ways to earn using a Motorcycle.
Summary of Rider Benefits
- Earn as much as 1,500 Pesos per day
- Work at your preferred schedule
- Free motorcycle driving safety training
- Free customer service training
Who can apply?
Age: Anyone between 21 to 55 years old can apply to become a rider. However, if you are aged 51 to 55, you will need to present a medical certificate so that the company will know that you are fit to work.
Vehicle: Motorcycles manufactured from 2013 or newer AND within the 100-200 cc range are allowed. Accepted brands are Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, SYM, Euro, and Kymco.
Mobile Phone: To get bookings, you will need to have your own mobile phone with Android version 6 or newer installed. Only the following mobile phone brands are accepted: Samsung, Huawei, Oppo, Vivo, Asus, Acer, Cherry Mobile, and Starmobile.
Rider Application Requirements
- Original NBI clearance
- Original Police / Barangay clearance
- Photocopy of the motorcycle’s OR-CR
- Photocopy of valid professional driver’s license (2 copies)
If you are not the registered owner of the motorcycle, you must submit:
- Authorization Letter and/or Deed of Sale
- Photocopy of the ID of the registered owner
- Once all your requirements are complete, the next step you need to do is to fill out the online Rider Registration form.
- You will need to have an email address from Gmail. Other email platforms, like Yahoo, will not be accepted.
- You will need to provide your mobile phone’s IMEI 1 details. If you don’t know how to look for your phone’s IMEI, we’ve listed the instructions below.
- Wait for someone from the company to call you to schedule your half-day processing. This already includes your safety training and skills assessment.
- Assuming all your documents are okay, have completed the training, and have your phone set up, congratulations! You are now a rider and can start earning money right away.
How do I get my phone’s IMEI information?
- IMEI numbers are usually listed on the box of your mobile phone.
- If you no longer have the box, you can go to your phone’s dialer, key in *#60#, and press the call button.
- If these solutions do not work, here are links to the instructions on how you’ll get your IMEI: Samsung, Huawei, Oppo, Asus, and Acer. For Vivo, Cherry Mobile, and Smart mobile users, please contact their customer service hotlines.
Angkas is surely one of the better ways to get to places within Metro Manila. It’s affordable and reliable, and it will never allow its passengers to be late for their next appointment. In addition, they help future riders like you to earn more income—whether you go full-time or do it on the side. Not only are you able to help your fellow Pinoys out with their commuting problems, but you are also able to earn money for yourself and your family.
Don’t forget: gather all your documents, fill out the online application form, wait for your processing schedule, attend the training and pass the skills assessment, and congrats! You are now a certified rider.
To get the latest updates from the Angkas Team and to keep in touch with your fellow riders, don’t forget to like and follow https://www.facebook.com/AngkasBarkadaPH/.