The food industry is a luxurious industry but surviving the competition remains one of the biggest challenges of business owners. If you own a food business, you need to reach as many customers as possible in order to survive the competition. In order to do this, you need to know how to promote a food business effectively. In this article, we are going to discuss the benefits of becoming a Grabfood merchant and the registration process, and the requirements to become a GrabFood merchant.
What is a GrabFood merchant and how does it work?
To understand better what a Grabfood merchant is, we must know first what the Grab app is. Grab app is a mobile app that has 3 distinct features; Grabcar, GrabExpress, and GrabFood. Grabcar allows the transport of commuters from their desired pick-up location to their desired destination. On the other hand, GrabExpress allows door-to-door delivery of items not heavier than 20 kilograms. Typical items being delivered by GrabExpress are food, documents, and clothing. Lastly, GrabFood allows food sellers, also known as GrabFood merchants, to sell their products directly to the users of the Grab app. GrabFood riders will pick up the orders of the customers and deliver the food to the indicated delivery address. A GrabFood seller will be paid by the GrabFood rider whenever a customer orders from the app.
Benefits of being a merchant
- Increase your revenue as you reach more customers using the Grab app
- Instantly gain store visibility on Grab app that has millions of users
- Get free advertising from Grab’s marketing campaigns using email, SMS, Grab’s Facebook and Instagram account, etc.
- Special deals and promos activated by Grab without extra cost on your part
- Get customer feedback that you can use to improve your products and service
- Have access to food delivery services without the need for hiring delivery riders
Only those with business permits and BIR registration are allowed to be food sellers on the Grab app. Without these documents, Grab will not allow you to be included in their platform. Here is the complete list of application requirements that you need to submit when you apply as a GrabFood merchant.
- BIR Certificate of Registration (COR)
- Business Permit / Mayor’s Permit
- Valid ID of the owner
- Special Power of Attorney (if the application is not being done by the owner)
- Valid ID of assigned Person in charge (if the application is not being done by the owner)
- DTI forms (Form 9, 13 or 49 whichever is applicable)
- Halal Certificate (if applicable)
- Food menu
Related article: How to become a FoodPanda Merchant.
GrabFood Merchant Application Process
Time needed: 1 hour.
Applying as a merchant is easy as long as you have the complete requirements already. Remember, only those with complete requirements will be allowed on the Grab platform.
- Go to GrabFood merchant application page and fill up the application form
Select GrabFood merchant as a type of partnership then fill up the rest of the fields required.
- Check your email.
The complete list of requirements and the instructions on how to proceed with the application will be sent to your email.
- Submit the requirements using the URL sent to your email
Upload a clear copy of the requirements
Once approved, you will receive an email indicating the schedule of the training so that you can get started.
Grab collects a 20% to 30% commission for every transaction. This means that you will not spend anything if you didn’t earn from it. This makes Grab a risk-free marketing strategy and is one of the many reasons why we recommend this strategy in promoting your food business.