Foodpanda is an online platform where Foodpanda merchants or Foodpanda sellers can sell their products to the platform users. Because of this, sellers can reach more potential customers. As of this writing, their mobile app has 50 million downloads. If you are a restaurant or a shop owner, this is one of the fastest and most cost-efficient ways to promote your business. In this article, we will discuss the Foodpanda Merchant Application process and the requirements that you need to submit to become a Foodpanda seller.
Foodpanda Merchant Requirements
Foodpanda merchant application process is done online and the requirements will be submitted during the application process. Below are the 6 required documents to become a Foodpanda seller.
- DTI Certificate of Business Name Registration
- Other DTI Forms – Form 9, 13, or 49 whichever is applicable
- BIR Certificate of Registraion
- Valid Government Issued ID of Owner or the Person in Charge of the store
- Halal Certification (if applicable)
- Clear copy of your menu (Scanned or picture taken by a camera)
Sample Merchant Requirements
Related article: How to become a GrabFood Merchant
How to apply in Foodpanda as a Seller?
If you have the complete requirements already, you can now start the application process. Be sure to have all the requirements scanned because these will be uploaded during the application process. Once done, follow these steps to become a Foodpanda merchant.
- Go to Foodpanda merchant registration page then fill up the registration form.
- Foodpanda will review your requirements and then send the contract to you.
- Review the contract, sign it then send it back to Foodpanda.
- Upon submission, your shop will be available on Foodpanda app and then you can start selling.
Who can apply as Foodpanda Merchant?
To become a Foodpanda merchant, you must be of legal age and you must have a DTI registered business name and Certificate of Registration issued by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR). Other than these document requirements, your restaurant or shop must also be in the areas where Foodpanda is operating.
Foodpanda Serviceable Areas
- National Capital Region (NCR)
- Cebu City
- Davao City
- Iligan City
- Ormoc City
- San Fernando
- Coronadal City
Foodpanda Merchant Fees
- Foodpanda charges restaurants and shop owners a commission of 25% – 30% per transaction.
- 1000 Pesos platform fee. If your revenue for using Foodpanda is less than 4,000, this platform fee can be waived.
- Online payments made by the customer have a 2% payment gateway fee.
- Phone calls made by customers via mobile app will incur additional charges.
Frequently Asked Questions
Foodpanda charges 25% to 30% commission per transaction.
No. Foodpanda does not have a markup. They collect 25% to 30% per transaction.
The Foodpanda app is accessible 24/7 however, you can only order food from stores that are open at night.
Iacopo Rovere is the CEO and Managing Director of Foodpanda Philippines.
No. You do not need to hire your own delivery riders. Foodpanda will handle the hiring of delivery riders.
Foodpanda will provide you with a device that has a built-in Foodpanda merchant app where you will receive orders from your customers. The app has a platform fee of 1,000 Pesos per month and the fee can be waived if your sales are less than 4,000 Pesos.
If you want to cancel Foodpanda as a merchant, simply email email@example.com to request cancellation.
If you wish to register as a Foodpanda rider, visit foodpanda rider application guide for more info.